Sunday, August 24, 2008

Closing Ceremonies, Live

:02 The drummers are back and now they look like Chinese Power Rangers...oy I'm dating myself, is that even still on?

:03 Someone is lowering a big wheel of cheese into the arena....

:05 Burning Man is going to break out here any second

:09 I see a lot of those anti-red eye camera flashes going off in the crowd, I'm not sure they are going to work that great.

:15 I love how all the athletes come in together like this...if anything it won't take as long.

:34 The Marathon winners are then followed by a parade of more of the Chinese's elite team of tiny stunt-cuties. Adorable. They are the perfect weapon.

:42 Oh they are not playing fair if they don't turn that flag-blower on for the Greek flag...ok, nevermind.

:43 No translation subtitles NBC? This event happened almost 12 hours ago, c'mon!

:55 That is some impressive flag-folding. Hey black colored fireworks, cool.

:56 The London Mayor is rocking some classic British teeth.

1:05 I think the Austin Powers movies have ruined the idea of British citizens dancing thing for me

1:06 Oooo! The bus is transforming....c'mon Giant Robot!!!!...eh it's some pop star, who wants to bet no one can remember her name by the time the London games come around...And Jimmy Page is miming the guitar live!

1:19 IIIIINNNNNNNDDYYYYY, THE TORCH IS GOING OUT!!!

1:24 I'm getting a real ant-hill vibe off of this tower, and it's kinda creeping me out.

1:31 Pre-fab pop groups are decadent! Lip-syncing is counter-revolutionary!

1:45 WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Up With People! Hey, it's Jackie Chan! And he's singing! Let's see Chuck Norris do that!

1:51 I think they undid all of their 'progress' on air-pollution with those fireworks.

2:01 Hey it's that one 3 Tenor who's not Pavarotti or that other guy.

2:37 Montages.....if you want memories of the games, look below.

2:28 Mao is looking over Bob Costas' shoulder, if there is a better metaphor for China's realtionship with the media, I don't know it.


Well, that's the end of the 2008 Olympics, and while I'm more then a bit sad to see them go, we're not quite done yet here at Off The Podium. Stay tuned for some last little bits, then it's...the future.

No comments: